12.12.2012

Going Green



"Eco Dog" by Corbett Marshall and Jim Deskevich is a quaint book with an earthy organic feel that starts with the cover which looks like it's made of cardboard. It features different do-it-yourself activities which are referred to as projects. I enjoyed reading this book because of the simple layout and unique ideas. The book is divided into three parts:a healthy dog, a healthy home and resources. 

Thank goodness Max doesn't have fleas, but thanks to this book I now know that lemon and water can be used as a tonic to treat fleas. Other examples of projects include dry shampoo and herbal flea powder. 

The second section of part 1 focuses on food. There's a guide to ingredients in dog food and some recipes for meatloaf (calm down Max!), breath treats (he needs one!) and homemade jerky (beef kidney and liver!) Need to get ingredients and I think I'll make him those treats because, get this, there are just two ingredients required: organic wheat germ and organic baby food! Do you have your dog on a vegetarian diet? Let me know! 

The section on floor cleaners tells us about using white vinegar on wooden floors. We had researched this months ago and have used that mixture of vinegar and water. It's a great and don't worry about the smell because it quickly dissipates.  

One of the cutest parts of the book was on giving your dog a massage. I had been doing this all along (where's mine Max?) and it relaxes him to the point of his eyes are closed and sleepy. 



One of the projects is how to make sock animals. How charming! Except for the fact that Maxie already thinks that my socks are his for the taking. Once he snatched up one of my dad's socks and it a lot of effort to get it back. I'm also a little wary of making my own dog toys because I don't how strong they'll be. Here are the toys we have for Maxie boy:


  




I use the rope one for tug and fetch. I've been teaching him how to drop the rope so that I can take it and throw it. 

RrrrRRRRgggg



No comments:

Post a Comment